ALL SERVICES CANCELLED UNTIL APRIL 12TH, INCLUSIVE
THE BUILDING IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
ALL MAIL AND PHONE MESSAGES ARE BEING CHECKED AND REPLIED TO
ITEMS CAN BE DROPPED OFF IN THE MAIL BOX
I’m sending this week’s pastoral letter a few days early to ensure you know about our Holy Week activities.
- 5 Minute Coping Tips. On Monday of Holy Week, I posted a brief video with tips on coping psychologically during the pandemic. The video is posted on our Facebook page (see link below).
- Wednesday Bible Study continues on Zoom at 10:30am. You can join by Zoom or telephone. To participate, see the Zoom and phone info below.
- Memorial Flowers can be left on my porch (79 Laura Lane) with a note with the name of your loved one. You can also email memorial names to Patti (firstname.lastname@example.org) without arranging flowers. Deadline is Wednesday night for inclusion in Easter Sunday video.
- Good Friday worship service will be posted on Facebook and Youtube. The format will be contemplative and focus on the Passion story. To view the video recording on Friday morning, see the Facebook link below.
- The Swell is a regional youth worship service that happens annually on Good Friday @ 7pm. I organize this service with my brother, and this year’s service will be online. I’ll post links to the live stream closer to Friday. Please encourage your teens to check it out.
- On Saturday @ 11am I’m interviewing town councillor John Brennan on Facebook Live. To view the live stream and participate in the live chat room, go to our congregation’s Facebook page. We’ll discuss issues facing Strathroy-Caradoc during this pandemic.
- Easter Sunday worship service will be posted on Facebook and Youtube. Easter is the highest holy day in the Christian calendar, and this year’s service will be an unprecedented and extraordinary event. I encourage you to pause to worship on Sunday morning.
- Zoom Coffee Hour continues on Sunday morning from 9:30 – 10:30am. I encourage you to gather online as a congregation. Staying connected is important, even if you can only stay a few minutes to say hi. To participate, see the Zoom and phone info below.
Our ministries continue during the building closure. We established a Call Team to make telephone contact with everyone in the congregation in the coming weeks. Our goal is to remind you that you are not alone–you are a valued member of our church family.
“I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble and suffering, but take courage—I have conquered the world.” — John 16:33
Zoom (Wednesday and Sunday)
- Dial: 1 (647) 558-0588
- Meeting ID: 780-643-9540
Rev. Dr. Brad Morrison